As written by Jimmy Han:
This is Damon Miears, one of our regulars at Beer Belly. You might have seen him at the bar drinking a tasty craft brew or snacking on our juicy Fried Chicken. We got to talking and it turns out he has a passion for wood work. Which means it was only natural that we decided to collaborate and make some hand-crafted bottle openers for Beer Belly.
Hand-numbered and limited to 69, we decided to use a “Wenge” dark wood from Africa for its density and grain pattern. Dark, dense and grainy…. like Damon’s favorite beer, The Bruery Grey Monday. We hope you enjoy this quality hand-crafted opener that Damon has put so much blood, sweat, and tears into making. I know … Read More
Okay so here’s the deal. Every month we have a few events that are outside of our regularly scheduled programming (eg. One Night Stand, New Order Monday, etc).
We’ll go ahead and update this page throughout the year so you know what to expect in the coming month.
3/5 (Weds) ALMANAC- This one is going to be pretty epic. We’ve been huge fans of Almanac ever since they first came onto the scene, and we’re honored to have them visiting us all the way from the Bay.
- Sourdough Wild Ale
- Farmer’s Reserve #3
- Farmer’s Reserve #4
- Golden Gate Gose
- Heirloom Pumpkin Barleywine
- Brandy Barrel Peche
- Dogpatch Sour
- Biere de Chocolat
- Valley of the Heart’s Delight
- Almanac IPA
- Single Origin IPA
… Read More
With the 2013 program wrapped up I thought it would be a good time to answer the question of just what exactly ONS members received this past week.
First off is the ‘membership’ card:
This card entitles a member to a few benefits…some completely thought out, and some that could still use some work.
- 10% off for the rest of the year
- Reservations for two on ONS event days (we typically don’t take any reservations when we have an event)
- Access to exclusive events (this is the part that we’re still working on)
- And whatever else we come up with that we think sounds fun
We also gave out a merch package that included a growler, a variety of glasses (the drinking kind), a cooler … Read More
Every Monday, Chef Wes brings you two new dishes, and we play a bunch of 80s music! Simple, yet delicious~
We’ll try to update this page every Monday so you can stay in the know!
NEW ORDER MONDAY DISHES
- “Put Yo Money Where Yo Mouth Is” Chili: beef tongue chili, with grilled cheddar cheese polenta cake
- Caramel Apple Mochi Balls
- Beer Braised Lamb Shoulder Sliders
- I’m Gonna Get You Sucka-TASH: creamed spicy succotash, with corn, baby lima beans, and serrano peppers
- Barack-oli & Potato Croquettes: broccoli, asiago, potato, and panko
- Washington Apple & Cherry Inside Out Tarts: caramelized apple, puff pastry, cherry reduction, and vanilla ice cream
- Beer, duck, and sausage gumbo with white rice
- Jalapeno cheddar hush … Read More
Click here to see the taplist and skip the mumbo jumbo
Our One Night Stand program is a way of getting to know some of the most exciting craft breweries around us. Now in its third year we’ve tweaked the format ever so slightly, but the objective is still the same: drink great beer, and meet new drinking buddies.
In addition, if you make it to 10 out of 12 One Night Stand events then you’ll get a special gift at the end of the year and be inducted into a fairly exclusive group. This is quite a commitment though, and is not for the feeble. It’s okay though, worst case scenario…you drink beer!
All the details of participation are below, and we will … Read More
Hoppy Holidaze is back! This means starting Thursday 12/19 we’ll be putting on tap all of the boozy, barrel-aged, big boys that we’ve been saving for just the right occasion.
There are a lot of amazing beers on this list so we hope that you’ll be able to join us.
Hoppy Holidaze Schedule:
- The Bruery Bois
- Avery the Czar
- Epic Big Bad Baptist ’12
- Lagunitas Gnarlywine ’11
- Stone Imperial Russian Stout ’13
- Stone Espresso Imperial Russian Stout ’13
- Firestone Walker Parabola
- Stone Brewing W00t Stout
- Hair of the Dog Adam
- Ladyface Blue Belly Barleywine ’13
- The Bruery White Oak
- Firestone Walker Double DBA
- Ballast Point Sea Monster Imperial Stout
- Hangar24 Hammerhead Barleywine
… Read More
Get your drinking cap ready as we’ll be welcoming Stone Brewing to Beer Belly on December 4th!
Pretty sure Stone Brewing needs no further introduction, but check out this video from last year where we break down just how important Stone has been to us and our craft beer journey.
On tap for the evening will be:
- Stone IPA
- Arrogant Bastard
- Oaked Arrogant Bastard
- Sublimely Self Righteous Ale
- Smoked Porter
- Ruination IPA
- Cali Belgique
- 2013 Double Bastard Ale
- Stone Levitation Ale w/ Green Tea Leaves
- Smoked Porter w/ Vanilla Bean
- Sublimely Self Righteous Black IPA w/ Cherries
- 12.12.12 Vertical Epic Ale
See you … Read More
Here we are….our final One Night Stand for 2013.
It’s been a hell of a ride, but we’re not done just yet. On December 18th we’ll be getting a visit from Rich and his crew at Strand Brewing.
Strand hails from Torrance and is part of the burgeoning movement of craft breweries over in the South Bay.
On tap for the evening:
- Beach House Amber
- 24th St. Pale
- Atticus IPA
- Black Sand IPA
- White Sand IIPA
- Batch 100 Stout
- Harvest Ball Orange Witbier
- Musashi Black IPA
There you have it folks….12 breweries in 12 months. Have you been uploading your photos to our Facebook page? This is it! Get them … Read More
Special event announcement…on Monday (11/18) we’ll welcome House Ommegang to Beer Belly.
Come join us and be merry…as we will be tapping Ommegang’s Game of Thrones collaboration Take the Black (stout). Don’t worry though, you won’t have to swear yourself to celibacy (unless you really want to).
We will also have other Ommegang brews for the rest of you Wildlings. These beers from Cooperstown, NY are good…fit for a King they say.
- Take the Black (stout)
- Rare Vos (amber ale)
- Witte (white ale)
- 3 Philosophers (quad)
- Ommegang BPA (Belgian pale ale)
- Hennepin Saison
- Abbey ale (dubbel)
- Duvel Single (golden ale dry hopped w/ Citra)
Winter is coming…but it’s going to be nice and toasty at BB. See y’all there!
… Read More
So just like that it’s the month of November, and we have Ladyface in the house for a One Night Stand.
Here’s some trivia for you…Ladyface is the FIRST brewery we ever had an event with…not too long after we had opened our doors. Yup, check out this video we made to help promote the event:
Not too long after we decided to step-up our game and introduced the One Night Stand program. This meant our videos were now filmed with a real camera and had MUSIC. This is from our 2012 ONS event with Ladyface:
And now here we are…2013. We welcome back Ladyface to Beer Belly. It’s going to be righteous, and we can’t wait … Read More